Friday, February 5, 2010

How My Health Care Costs Affect Others *by Alex O'Connor

February 3, 2010
How My Health Care Costs Affect Others
by Alex O'Connor

Posted to activisMS on Friday, February 5, 2010

My health care costs take up a large portion of our income. You may say “So that is your problem”. Actually it becomes a lot of peoples problems. I have five animals who do not get yearly exams and dental cleanings like they used to. The veterinarian is losing hundreds of dollars. Multiply that by other clients who are cutting back and he may have to cut back and lose an employee. Then that employee suffers. I canceled all service contracts with plumbing, hvac, and pest control companies. Again if others have to do the same those companies will lose employees. Some of these employees will lose insurance adding to the health care problem. I rarely get a hair cut any more. Clothes come from the Goodwill. We will not buy another car until the house is paid off in ten years. We will not be going on vacation. I have not flown since the eighties. The mall is a place to walk for exercise in bad weather. Even the hardware store is seeing less of us. I closed down most of my credit cards so banks and stores are not making money on interest. Eating out is rare and far between. If you work in fast food you are out of luck with my business. I even had to quit my yoga class due to cost.
I used to give to charity. Now I have nothing to spare. Yes many people and organizations are hurting as more and more of us have to put a large portion of our income into our medical costs. It is no different for a State or the Country.
blog comments powered by Disqus

AddThis

Bookmark and Share